Lg

Roman

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Re:

Postby Uatschitchun » Tue Dec 16, 2008 8:15 pm

Uatschitchun wrote:
Fredde wrote:
Uatschitchun wrote:What about that config thingie?

I checked the python ConfigParser class that esprit mentioned, really easy to use.

The problem is how this should be done.

1. If we have a global config file the user have to edit this file (and know what/how to write) for every script that is added.

2. If we use a config file for every script it would solve the above problem, but the user still need to know how to change default values in the config file.

1 and 2 (especially 1 ) would force python developers to use ConfigParser or any other way to handle config files.

BUT :D I personally think that the above options are better then using global variables (like it is right now). We problably need to encapsulate the config handling in the python pluigin code to ease things.

Have to come back onto this topic ;)

I started using pyglets and noticed:
Every "make install" overwrites the pyglets => thus it overwrites the settings I've done (BASEDIR) ;(

I again have to come back on this :oops:

While packaging the pyglets I noticed that every pyglet uses it's own way to set Defaults ;(
Some do in main.py, some do in config.py ...

What about a way to add a dir ~/.mms/pyglets/ which contains files called pyglet_name.ini, pyglet_name.conf or something like that which will be created during first start with default settings (example: ipodsync.conf)? That would make it possible to parse the home-dir into that file instead of hardcoding it (like ipodsync does with: /home/arj/.mms/audio.db), too.

Second:
Like mentioned here:
http://mymediasystem.org/flyspray/?do=details&task_id=889
Every pyglet should have the possibility to exit via touch-input!

Best would be to follow the way MMS' plugins do it (using the icon in the top-left to go back). So would it be possible to add the icons the pyglets deliver in the top-left corner and make them exit the pyglet on touch-input?

It would be nice if we come to a conclusion here, so I could add these to 1st post then as guideline :P
Lg

Roman

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Re: Re:

Postby Uatschitchun » Fri Jan 23, 2009 1:49 pm

Uatschitchun wrote:What about that config thingie?

Have to come back onto this topic ;)

I started using pyglets and noticed:
Every "make install" overwrites the pyglets => thus it overwrites the settings I've done (BASEDIR) ;(

I again have to come back on this :oops:

While packaging the pyglets I noticed that every pyglet uses it's own way to set Defaults ;(
Some do in main.py, some do in config.py ...

What about a way to add a dir ~/.mms/pyglets/ which contains files called pyglet_name.ini, pyglet_name.conf or something like that which will be created during first start with default settings (example: ipodsync.conf)? That would make it possible to parse the home-dir into that file instead of hardcoding it (like ipodsync does with: /home/arj/.mms/audio.db), too.

-----------------------------------------------------

Second:
Like mentioned here:
http://mymediasystem.org/flyspray/?do=details&task_id=889
Every pyglet should have the possibility to exit via touch-input!

Best would be to follow the way MMS' plugins do it (using the icon in the top-left to go back). So would it be possible to add the icons the pyglets deliver in the top-left corner and make them exit the pyglet on touch-input?

It would be nice if we come to a conclusion here, so I could add these to 1st post then as guideline :P

Come on guys ... these 2 topics are worth a look and thought and a litle work ... aren't they?
Lg

Roman

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Re: Pls read! Python plugin scripts

Postby Uatschitchun » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:03 pm

magistus wrote:WOOOHOOOO!!! Great job guys, I can now exit the mentioned pyglets via the icon :)
(btw, I'm on Debian Lenny)
1) Pyglets that still need to be fixed in this area:
- filemanager
- webtv
- zdfmediathek

2) Pyglets that have a non standard exit button:
- lolcats
- vobcopy

3) Pyglets not starting over here (local issue prob., but hence cannot check them now):
- ipodsync
- services
- torrent-inspector
Lg

Roman

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Re: Pls read! Python plugin scripts

Postby Uatschitchun » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:27 pm

For first time user experience, it would be cool, if pyglets could be pre-configured to use ~/.mms/ as directory for their data.

It would be cool, if using pyglets is as easy as possible, without configuration hassle ...
Lg

Roman

Return to “user plugins”