Hi, acmelabs ...
I tried to reproduce ... but I can't
I did the following:
0. Remove all cached items (for me it's in /var/cache/mms)
1. Start MMS
2. Go into Pictures
3. Navigate to a folder containing folders with pictures underneath
4. Go into one of these folders, view (and let MMS generate) the thumbs, view some of these pictures
5. Going back to 3.
6. Add a new folder containing pix to the folder of 3.
7. MMS does not display this new folder cause of not having "reloaded the directories" until now
8. Go one folder further back and into 3. again having the new folder displayed
9. Go into the new folder, having the thumbs correctly displayed
10. Even the pictures work fullscreen
??? (ah no, it must name Dr3i now
Did that procedure a few times with always the same steps.
Did that procedure a few times with different folders for 3. and different "new folders" for 6.
Did I do something different than you did?