Help Feature?

Moderator: Moderator

naicheben
Overlord

Help Feature?

Postby naicheben » Tue Dec 21, 2010 5:45 pm

I would like to ask for a "Help Feature". Wouldn't it be nice to see a help screen for the actual feature/plugin you're in, by pressing a button on a remote or keyboard? The help should explain what the feature/plugin is good for, were it is configured and which bottons it uses (like the menu in Audio fx, but more with much more informations). And maybe the URL to the Wiki
Or is there already something like that? I came to think about it while i was in EPG. And think of MMS on a SetTopBox...you would not be satisfied if you had to ssh into the box to read the manpage or start your computer to browse the wiki/forum for help. Sure, if you set up mms yourself it is not realy necessary, because you already changed the configs to meet your needs. But Debvisionusers, LiveCD-Users, Vision-Install-Script-Users and for sure some others won't. It would be nice if you could make it installable/removeable like other plugins. So, thats my wish for xmas (...2012...) :lol:

...boh ist mein Englisch schlecht :oops:
mit Hellseherschein ;.)

magicamun
master

Re: Help Feature?

Postby magicamun » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:53 pm

obviously "space" is only one part of it. It shouldn't be that hard to implement that can you write a fr?

naicheben
Overlord

Postby naicheben » Tue Dec 21, 2010 8:15 pm

FS#1077 - FR for "Help Feature"
Thank you :)
mit Hellseherschein ;.)

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Postby Uatschitchun » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:42 pm

Wouldn't it make more sense to have a config-plugin which enables the user to change config at runtime?
Lg
Roman

naicheben
Overlord

Postby naicheben » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:50 pm

Sure! A configurationdialog for every plugin/feature, were you can press "Help" if you need to know more about what these settings are good for. That would be xmas 2021 allready in 2012 ;)
Think of network storage ... one must explain the user when it is usefull to use *no_watch* ! This should be explained in the wiki as well as in manpage and onscreen help. I allways come to think of windows-programms. You just press F1 to get help (more or less usefull, but I know we can do better)
mit Hellseherschein ;.)

Return to “feature requests”