Weather-Plugin w/o icons

everything about the current big update and the latest stable branch

Moderator: Moderator

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Re: Weather-Plugin w/o icons

Postby Uatschitchun » Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:37 am

acmelabs wrote:never had access, afaik. But the only thing needs to be done is to delete the content in the icons-500x500 directory and extract the tarball I've posted above. That's all and the names are already correct. Nothing else is to be done about it anyfurther.

Done and pushed to upstream as revno #2286

Thx!!
Lg
Roman

magicamun
master

Postby magicamun » Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:52 am

Yesterday i started changing mms-ng's weatherng: A quick and dirty solution would work "out of the box" with the new theme-enginge - only changes to the theme would be necessary.- but that is "quick and dirty" - because it would imply that one would have to change all the themes just because google happens to have a new brainfart....

So i decided differently:

There will be a matching-table/file/configuration that translates between Google's icon-names and the theme - icon names - that would eliminate a change to all themes and only one file would be affected.

Hope to finish by the end of this week and will push then.

acmelabs
Overlord

Postby acmelabs » Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:08 pm

magicamun wrote:Yesterday i started changing mms-ng's weatherng: A quick and dirty solution would work "out of the box" with the new theme-enginge - only changes to the theme would be necessary.- but that is "quick and dirty" - because it would imply that one would have to change all the themes just because google happens to have a new brainfart....

So i decided differently:

There will be a matching-table/file/configuration that translates between Google's icon-names and the theme - icon names - that would eliminate a change to all themes and only one file would be affected.

Hope to finish by the end of this week and will push then.

That sounds reasonable.

In the meantime Google had a brainfart, and they've changed back the icon names again.

Here are the old icons again:

download and copy them into:
weather-icons_2011-06-07.tgz
(1.71 MiB) Downloaded 175 times

Code: Select all

/usr/share/mms/themes/<your_theme_name_here>/weather/icons-500x500

or

/usr/local/share/mms/themes/<your_theme_name_here>/weather/icons-500x500

and perform a

tar xfvz weather-icons_2011-06-07.tgz

You can leave the old icons in place, in case Google's preparing another brainfart.

Regards,
Andreas

magicamun
master

Postby magicamun » Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:24 pm

"regular" patch up for this - Configurable in WeatherConfig - take a look at revno 2287 pls. No more hassle with someone else's farts...

acmelabs
Overlord

Postby acmelabs » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:03 pm

magicamun wrote:"regular" patch up for this - Configurable in WeatherConfig - take a look at revno 2287 pls. No more hassle with someone else's farts...

Thanks.

I'll check it

Return to “1.1.x”