weather_icons_2011-05-27.jpg (102.32 KiB) Viewed 2203 times

Icons are for theme midnight and ocean, can also be used for standard

Regards
Andreas

naicheben
Overlord

Re: Weather-Plugin w/o icons

Postby naicheben » Fri May 27, 2011 9:54 pm

Andreas! Ich brauch noch son T-Shirt und einen größeren Schrank für meine Heldenshirts :wink:
mit Hellseherschein ;.)

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Postby Uatschitchun » Sun May 29, 2011 12:31 pm

Thx ;)

I pushed the fix as revno 2285 (linking)

Maybe we should rename the pngs upstream?
Lg
Roman

magicamun
master

Postby magicamun » Mon May 30, 2011 8:03 am

Nice to see acmelabs again.

I am sorry that i am not able to work on mms - i had been / and will be so busy the next weeks/months - a pitty. For this icon-fiddling we should introduce some kind of configuration-file/settings so that neither soft-links nor compiling is necessary - except for new(additional) icons.

regards Lutz

acmelabs
Overlord

Postby acmelabs » Mon May 30, 2011 9:27 am

magicamun wrote:Nice to see acmelabs again.

I am sorry that i am not able to work on mms - i had been / and will be so busy the next weeks/months - a pitty. For this icon-fiddling we should introduce some kind of configuration-file/settings so that neither soft-links nor compiling is necessary - except for new(additional) icons.

regards Lutz

I agree. The names are generated dynamically, so even then you wouldn't need to touch the code.

@Magicamun: Do you plan to support the MMS NG development, if your business load is going to let you? The network centric core and the xml skins alone would throw this project into a completely different and bigger ballpark. What HD-readyness was three years ago is today smartphone interoperability (Apps).
And since XBMC doesn't respect the KISS*-principle, we won't have an alternative in the long run. So I personally think it's worth the effort.

Regards,
Andreas

*Keep It Simple, Stupid = KISS

PS: @Lutz: Nice you see you too :)

acmelabs
Overlord

Postby acmelabs » Mon May 30, 2011 9:34 am

Uatschitchun wrote:Thx ;)

I pushed the fix as revno 2285 (linking)

Maybe we should rename the pngs upstream?

Two icons are new (icy, snowflurries) and a few others have been reworked. Hence I've reworked the mapping a bit, too, to reflect a better match.
Renaming wouldn't do the trick completely, it's more a poor man's workaround.

Regards
Andreas

magicamun
master

Postby magicamun » Mon May 30, 2011 1:15 pm

acmelabs wrote:
magicamun wrote:Nice to see acmelabs again.

@Magicamun: Do you plan to support the MMS NG development, if your business load is going to let you? The network centric core and the xml skins alone would throw this project into a completely different and bigger ballpark. What HD-readyness was three years ago is today smartphone interoperability (Apps).
And since XBMC doesn't respect the KISS*-principle, we won't have an alternative in the long run. So I personally think it's worth the effort.

Regards,
Andreas

*Keep It Simple, Stupid = KISS

PS: @Lutz: Nice you see you too :)

yes i do - i feel a bit guilty for not working on it the past few months (damn i was hoping it would be weeks only) Pray for bad weather .... but anyway i will be on vacation soon - which brings up the question : Where is anders? Does anyone know? I will stay quite close to his (last known) location - and was asking him by mail what to do etc - with no response so far.
I don't want to bother him with my stay - but of course i'd be interested in just seeing the originator of the mms -project in RL.

naicheben
Overlord

Postby naicheben » Mon May 30, 2011 4:15 pm

Hellfest is from 17-19'th of June. These (and maybe some more) days he'll be in france.
mit Hellseherschein ;.)

naicheben
Overlord

Postby naicheben » Mon May 30, 2011 4:18 pm

mit Hellseherschein ;.)

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Postby Uatschitchun » Tue May 31, 2011 6:27 am

acmelabs wrote:it's more a poor man's workaround.

Understood that one ;)

So, what's your suggestion? Use the new icon-set, you provided? You do have access to upstream-repo still, do you? Could you push a fix?
Lg

Roman

acmelabs
Overlord

Postby acmelabs » Tue May 31, 2011 6:28 pm

Uatschitchun wrote:
acmelabs wrote:it's more a poor man's workaround.

Understood that one ;)

So, what's your suggestion? Use the new icon-set, you provided? You do have access to upstream-repo still, do you? Could you push a fix?

never had access, afaik. But the only thing needs to be done is to delete the content in the icons-500x500 directory and extract the tarball I've posted above. That's all and the names are already correct. Nothing else is to be done about it anyfurther.

Regards
Andreas

naicheben
Overlord

Postby naicheben » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:45 am

acmelabs wrote:But the only thing needs to be done is to delete the content in the icons-500x500 directory and extract the tarball I've posted above. That's all and the names are already correct. Nothing else is to be done about it anyfurther.

Yes, already did so and it works nice here. Thank you so much. Weatherforecast is beside Inetradio my alltimes favorite in MMS.
mit Hellseherschein ;.)

lorenzodes
master

Postby lorenzodes » Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:38 am

Well, Google APis are not documented anywherem but I think a change of approach would prevent such things from happening again.

My idea is to base the selection of the proper icon not on the <icon data> entry, but on the <condition data> one. Then we add a sort of translation table of this sort:

Code: Select all

Scattered Thunderstorms = weather_scatteredthunderstorms-40.png
Sunny = weather_sunny-40.png
Partly Cloudy = weather_partlycloudy-40.png
etc...

This way the next time they change icon path, mms won't be affected, plus changing/updating a text file (should it be ever necessary) is easier than fixing the code.
"I’m not frightened of dying, anytime will do, I don’t mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There’s no reason for it, you gotta go sometime"

acmelabs
Overlord

Postby acmelabs » Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:59 pm

lorenzodes wrote:Well, Google APis are not documented anywherem but I think a change of approach would prevent such things from happening again.

My idea is to base the selection of the proper icon not on the <icon data> entry, but on the <condition data> one. Then we add a sort of translation table of this sort:

Code: Select all

Scattered Thunderstorms = weather_scatteredthunderstorms-40.png
Sunny = weather_sunny-40.png
Partly Cloudy = weather_partlycloudy-40.png
etc...

This way the next time they change icon path, mms won't be affected, plus changing/updating a text file (should it be ever necessary) is easier than fixing the code.

Hm, if you look at http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=ny&hl=it
then you'll see <condition data="Soleggiato"/> and so forth. You'd need to translate every single language. The image is the only universal part there.

Regards,
Andreas

lorenzodes
master

Postby lorenzodes » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:36 pm

acmelabs wrote:Hm, if you look at http://www.google.com/ig/api?weather=ny&hl=it
then you'll see <condition data="Soleggiato"/> and so forth. You'd need to translate every single language. The image is the only universal part there.

Regards,
Andreas

Wops :oops:
"I’m not frightened of dying, anytime will do, I don’t mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There’s no reason for it, you gotta go sometime"

Return to “1.1.x”