MMS 1.3.0

Everything about the new development branch of mms

Moderator: Moderator

lorenzodes
master

Re: MMS 1.3.0

Postby lorenzodes » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:37 am

docolli wrote:
lorenzodes wrote:That's been fixed. Do a bzr pull to get the latest revno :)

Thanks for your quick response. You are great! I can/will try tomorrow evening.

Found another bug in the meantime:
If I choose MPlayer and not GenericPlayer as MoviePlayer, the options of MPlayer (like fullscreen) are not saved under ~/.mms/options/MPlayerOptions when I exit MMS.
If I change some MPlayer options and then select GenericPlayer as MoviePlayer and exit MMS, the options (also for MPlayer) are saved. Just look at the file date/timestamps in options dir.

Weird, it works fine here. :shock:
"I’m not frightened of dying, anytime will do, I don’t mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There’s no reason for it, you gotta go sometime"

docolli

Postby docolli » Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:33 pm

lorenzodes wrote:Weird, it works fine here. :shock:

Weird, works now also here :?
After first install of MMS 1.3.0 last week I changed MPlayer to fullscreen several times, but each time my system was restarted the fullscreen setting was gone (my kids complain about not having fullscreen every day ;-)). After I have changed to GenricPlayer once it works now fine. Never mind.

I've installed latest build and Game Plugin is now correctly translated. :D

For a long time I could not use MPlayer with MMS to watch DVDs that are stored on my HD. Today I digged deeper in it and I found that using the -cache option is not allowed for dvdnav://streams as mplayer says in it's output:

Code: Select all

Remember to disable MPlayer’s cache when playing dvdnav:// streams (adding -nocache to your command line)

After changing the line in MPlayerConfig to: mplayer_dvd_opts = -nocache DVD work again. Maybe you should change the default value from mplayer_dvd_opts = -cache 8192 to the previous line. But maybe it works fine on your system also ;-).
Debian Squeeze - 3.2.0-0.bpo.2-686-pae - MMS 1.3.0 2578 - VDR 1.7.28 - Tevii S470

Kibarak

Postby Kibarak » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:45 am

@lorenzodes
Can you build packages for Debian Wheezy?

lorenzodes
master

Postby lorenzodes » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:46 am

Kibarak wrote:@lorenzodes
Can you build packages for Debian Wheezy?

No, I don't have Debian, never used it :(

Roman can, I hope he's still around :)
"I’m not frightened of dying, anytime will do, I don’t mind. Why should I be frightened of dying? There’s no reason for it, you gotta go sometime"

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Postby Uatschitchun » Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:11 pm

Yeah still here ... sometimes ;)

I see if I can find time between xmas and newyear. But ... 1.3.0 isn't well tested atm ...
Lg
Roman

Kibarak

Postby Kibarak » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:35 pm

[quote=

I see if I can find time between xmas and newyear. But ... 1.3.0 isn't well tested atm ...[/quote]

Go for it,Uatschitchun :D

lorenzodes
master

Postby lorenzodes » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:57 pm

Kibarak wrote:

I see if I can find time between xmas and newyear. But ... 1.3.0 isn't well tested atm ...

Go for it,Uatschitchun :D

BTW, I have implemented a new weather plugin, but gotta ask if I can distribute the API key with the source code. I hope they agree :)

acmelabs
Overlord

Postby acmelabs » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:59 pm

interesting...
few weeks ago I finished another weather plugin. Basically the same like the old one, but scraping the content from weatherunderground. The plugins is finished, but I cannot publish, because of the devel-key inside (with hard quota regulation).
This time I've spent a bit more time to read the terms of use, whether I can use the data or not for an Open Source project. Nevertheless, the guys from XBMC managed somehow to get the permission from wunderground.com to use the data for their project.
I wish you good luck.

Regards
Andreas

lorenzodes
master

Postby lorenzodes » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:15 pm

acmelabs wrote:interesting...
few weeks ago I finished another weather plugin. Basically the same like the old one, but scraping the content from weatherunderground. The plugins is finished, but I cannot publish, because of the devel-key inside (with hard quota regulation).
This time I've spent a bit more time to read the terms of use, whether I can use the data or not for an Open Source project. Nevertheless, the guys from XBMC managed somehow to get the permission from wunderground.com to use the data for their project.
I wish you good luck.

Regards
Andreas

I opted for World Weather Online because their APIs are properly documented, simple and free, plus you can easily get a "secret key" by simply submitting your e-mail address. Worst case scenario, I can release the plugin and let users register themselves, but I'd rather avoid that.

lorenzodes
master

Postby lorenzodes » Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:02 pm

And I got a reply from them:

Leave the API Key field blank and let each user who uses your source code to register at our website and obtain their own key.

So, what shall I do?

heymish

Postby heymish » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:08 pm

What about using the MSN Weather XML. No need for keys, but not sure how good the documentation is, if there is any.

http://weather.service.msn.com/data.asp ... okitika,NZ

If you change the weadegreetype to either C or F for the different units.

skycode
0, 1 ,2, 3 ,4, 17, 35 - Thunderstorm
5 - Rain/Snow mix
6 - Sleet/Snow mix
7 - Rain/Snow/Sleet mix
8,9 - Icy
10 - Rain/Sleet mix
11 - Light Rain
12 - Rain
13 - Light Snow
14,16,42,43 - Snow
15 - Blizzard
18,40 - Showers
19 - Dust
20 - Fog
21 - Haze
22 - Smoke
23,24 - Windy
25 - Frigid
26 - Cloudy
27,29,33 - Partly Cloudy (night)
28,30,34 - Partly Cloudy
31 - Clear (night)
32 - Clear
36 - Hot
37,38 - Scattered Thunderstorms
39 - Scattered Showers
41 - Scattered Snow Showers
44 - N/A
45 - Scattered Rain Showers (night)
46 - Scattered Snow Showers (night)
47 - Scattered Thunderstorms (night)
HAT

heymish

Postby heymish » Tue Jan 01, 2013 11:31 pm

Just did a pull of the code and tried to complie in Ubuntu 12.10 and got and error. I can complie on Ubuntu 12.04 which is using gcc 4.6 rather than 12.10 which is using gcc 4.7

-c -I../ -I../../  -I/home/hat18/mms-ng/./libs -I/home/hat18/mms-ng/./include/mms/ \
        -MMD -MP -MF"file_monitor.d" -MT"file_monitor.o file_monitor.d" -o"file_monitor.o" "file_monitor.cc"
In file included from ../fs++/file_monitor.h:4:0,
                 from file_monitor.cc:1:
../fs++/general.h:50:3: error: ‘off_t’ does not name a type
file_monitor.cc: In constructor ‘filesystem::file_monitor::file_monitor(const string&)’:
file_monitor.cc:6:44: error: ‘getFileSize’ was not declared in this scope
file_monitor.cc: In member function ‘bool filesystem::file_monitor::isReady()’:
file_monitor.cc:40:40: error: ‘getFileSize’ was not declared in this scope
make[2]: *** [file_monitor.o] Error 1

I found if i added

#include <sys/types.h>

to general.h it fixed it. Not sure what is causing this problem something funny about ubuntu 12.10

GNU Make 3.81

gcc -v
Using built-in specs.
COLLECT_GCC=gcc
COLLECT_LTO_WRAPPER=/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.7/lto-wrapper
Target: x86_64-linux-gnu
Configured with: ../src/configure -v --with-pkgversion='Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.2-2ubuntu1' --with-bugurl=file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-4.7/README.Bugs --enable-languages=c,c++,go,fortran,objc,obj-c++ --prefix=/usr --program-suffix=-4.7 --enable-shared --enable-linker-build-id --with-system-zlib --libexecdir=/usr/lib --without-included-gettext --enable-threads=posix --with-gxx-include-dir=/usr/include/c++/4.7 --libdir=/usr/lib --enable-nls --with-sysroot=/ --enable-clocale=gnu --enable-libstdcxx-debug --enable-libstdcxx-time=yes --enable-gnu-unique-object --enable-plugin --enable-objc-gc --disable-werror --with-arch-32=i686 --with-tune=generic --enable-checking=release --build=x86_64-linux-gnu --host=x86_64-linux-gnu --target=x86_64-linux-gnu
Thread model: posix
gcc version 4.7.2 (Ubuntu/Linaro 4.7.2-2ubuntu1)
HAT

lorenzodes
master

Postby lorenzodes » Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:35 am

Fix is up :)

docolli

Postby docolli » Sun Jan 06, 2013 9:08 pm

lorenzodes wrote:So, what shall I do?

Let the user get its own API key. What else? It's no big deal to get the key and copy/paste it into WeatherConfig.

I just pulled latest build and compiled it. Got the API key from worldweatheronline.com and weather plugin works fine. Thanks for your work!

In the last days I was working on updating the german translation by editing the de.po files with poedit. Today I also worked hard on the weather plugin and I had problems with translating humidity because the % symbol is not correctly escaped in your code :wink: :

weather_ex.cpp - line 466:
OLD:  other_data = string_format::str_printf(dgettext("mms-weather", "Humidity: %s\%\n"), str.c_str());
NEW:  other_data = string_format::str_printf(dgettext("mms-weather", "Humidity: %s %%\n"), str.c_str());

How can I contribute my german translations to the project? Or should I contact Roman by PM, since he is the one, who has done much work with the german translation of MMS?

I think there are some minor bugs with the extra menu of the weather plugin. It shows the wrong buttons and also the plugin does not react on these buttons. For example pressing "o" does not start options menu... But I am happy that weather is working again! :D
Debian Squeeze - 3.2.0-0.bpo.2-686-pae - MMS 1.3.0 2578 - VDR 1.7.28 - Tevii S470

naicheben
Overlord

Postby naicheben » Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:37 pm

Hmmm, I have a API key, but it does not work. What has the config have to look like (except the secret key)? The default locations do not work here either....

My Media System: 1.3.0 2586
Configuration: --enable-alsaplayer --enable-lirc --enable-weather --enable-clock --enable-notify-area

Weather.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><data><error><msg>User account does not exist. Please go to http://www.worldweatheronline.com/register.aspx and register for an API Key or contact support team at info@worldweatheronline.com</msg></error></data>

EDIT:
again the change of the URL solved the problem here in weather_ex.cpp:

//url = string_format::str_printf("http://free.worldweatheronline.com/feed/weather.ashx?q=%s&format=xml&num_of_days=5&key=%s",
   url = string_format::str_printf("http://api.worldweatheronline.com/free/v1/weather.ashx?q=%s&format=xml&num_of_days=5&key=%s",

EDIT2: bzr diff:

=== modified file 'src/plugins/feature/weather/weather_ex.cpp'
--- src/plugins/feature/weather/weather_ex.cpp   2013-01-21 22:01:43 +0000
+++ src/plugins/feature/weather/weather_ex.cpp   2013-04-17 19:32:56 +0000
@@ -543,8 +543,10 @@

string location = WOps.GetWeatherLocation();

-  url = string_format::str_printf("http://free.worldweatheronline.com/feed/weather.ashx?q=%s&format=xml&num_of_days=5&key=%s",
-      conv::url_escape(location).c_str(), api_key.c_str());
+  //url = string_format::str_printf("http://free.worldweatheronline.com/feed/weather.ashx?q=%s&format=xml&num_of_days=5&key=%s",
+  //http://api.worldweatheronline.com/free/v1/
+   url = string_format::str_printf("http://api.worldweatheronline.com/free/v1/weather.ashx?q=%s&format=xml&num_of_days=5&key=%s",
+    conv::url_escape(location).c_str(), api_key.c_str());
   const string tmpfile = weather_file + "~";

WgetWrapper::download_to_file(url, tmpfile, user_agent, 20);
mit Hellseherschein ;.)

Return to “1.2.x”