Pls read! Python plugin scripts

Discussion about user contributed plugins

Moderator: Moderator

User avatar
acmelabs
Overlord
Posts: 2365
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Postby acmelabs » Sun May 11, 2008 8:55 pm

Fredde wrote:
castorinop wrote:2º - into scripts, only show a list of launchers, (not folders.) maybe include a icon.

I have implemented this request in rev 1633.

For this to work the main script has to be called main.py or default.py. If it finds this script it will also look for a thumb image that has to be called thumb.png/jpg/... If it doesn't find any thumb it will use python/exec.png.

If it doesn't find main.py or default.py it will work as before.

Just great!! Thanks

I'm thinking about creating a YouTube icon for it. It can be used like you intended atm. And can be used later like proposed in "1°".

Regards,
Andreas

User avatar
Uatschitchun
Overlord
Posts: 3189
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:55 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Postby Uatschitchun » Tue May 13, 2008 11:12 am

So it would be nice if all pyglet-authors could do these changes to their scripts!

What about that config thingie?
Lg
Roman

Fredde
veteran
Posts: 288
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:18 am
Location: Sweden

Postby Fredde » Tue May 13, 2008 12:04 pm

Uatschitchun wrote:What about that config thingie?

I checked the python ConfigParser class that esprit mentioned, really easy to use.

The problem is how this should be done.

1. If we have a global config file the user have to edit this file (and know what/how to write) for every script that is added.

2. If we use a config file for every script it would solve the above problem, but the user still need to know how to change default values in the config file.

1 and 2 (especially 1 ) would force python developers to use ConfigParser or any other way to handle config files.

BUT :D I personally think that the above options are better then using global variables (like it is right now). We problably need to encapsulate the config handling in the python pluigin code to ease things.

User avatar
Uatschitchun
Overlord
Posts: 3189
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:55 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Postby Uatschitchun » Tue May 13, 2008 4:07 pm

Sounds reasonable to me
Lg

Roman

esprit
master
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:50 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Postby esprit » Tue May 13, 2008 5:13 pm

Fredde wrote:We problably need to encapsulate the config handling in the python pluigin code to ease things.

Total Ack ! :D

User avatar
castorinop
veteran
Posts: 331
Joined: Wed Jun 07, 2006 6:34 pm
Location: Argentina
Contact:

Postby castorinop » Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:38 pm

can add a rss of pyglets ?

example extructure:

title: name - version
date: date of release
link: http://example.com/name-version.tar.bz2
description: same with in wiki


regards...

User avatar
Uatschitchun
Overlord
Posts: 3189
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:55 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Postby Uatschitchun » Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:20 pm

That would be nice ;)
Lg

Roman

User avatar
Uatschitchun
Overlord
Posts: 3189
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:55 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Postby Uatschitchun » Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:32 am

Fredde wrote:
Uatschitchun wrote:What about that config thingie?

I checked the python ConfigParser class that esprit mentioned, really easy to use.

The problem is how this should be done.

1. If we have a global config file the user have to edit this file (and know what/how to write) for every script that is added.

2. If we use a config file for every script it would solve the above problem, but the user still need to know how to change default values in the config file.

1 and 2 (especially 1 ) would force python developers to use ConfigParser or any other way to handle config files.

BUT :D I personally think that the above options are better then using global variables (like it is right now). We problably need to encapsulate the config handling in the python pluigin code to ease things.

Have to come back onto this topic ;)

I started using pyglets and noticed:
Every "make install" overwrites the pyglets => thus it overwrites the settings I've done (BASEDIR) ;(
Lg

Roman

User avatar
Uatschitchun
Overlord
Posts: 3189
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:55 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Postby Uatschitchun » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:06 pm

Fredde wrote:
castorinop wrote:2º - into scripts, only show a list of launchers, (not folders.) maybe include a icon.

I have implemented this request in rev 1633.

For this to work the main script has to be called main.py or default.py. If it finds this script it will also look for a thumb image that has to be called thumb.png/jpg/... If it doesn't find any thumb it will use python/exec.png.

If it doesn't find main.py or default.py it will work as before.


At all pyglet-authors:
Would be nice if you could transfer your pyglets to this structure!
1. It looks nicer:
Image

2. It's more convenient ;)

Thx!
Lg

Roman

User avatar
Uatschitchun
Overlord
Posts: 3189
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:55 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Pls read! Python plugin scripts

Postby Uatschitchun » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:29 am

Bump ...

There still are pyglets not following the pyglet-guidelines (call main script main.py and add icon)!!

Would be nice if you could update :P

Second,
what about this config-file thingie? Any news there?
Lg

Roman

User avatar
Uatschitchun
Overlord
Posts: 3189
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:55 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Pls read! Python plugin scripts

Postby Uatschitchun » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:11 pm

Bump ... :?: :!:
Lg

Roman

esprit
master
Posts: 503
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:50 pm
Location: France
Contact:

Re: Pls read! Python plugin scripts

Postby esprit » Fri Nov 28, 2008 3:13 pm

Filemanager does since august, you just not seem to have the last rev (0.5.1) - mms does still provide 0.5 by default :
http://eesprit.free.fr/mms/python/filem ... 5.1.tar.gz

User avatar
Uatschitchun
Overlord
Posts: 3189
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:55 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Pls read! Python plugin scripts

Postby Uatschitchun » Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:49 pm

It's
ipodsync
lolcats
services
I'm talking about ;)
Lg

Roman

User avatar
arj
Site Admin
Posts: 2316
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:51 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Pls read! Python plugin scripts

Postby arj » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:40 pm

I'll fix it soon :)

Thanks Roman

User avatar
arj
Site Admin
Posts: 2316
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:51 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Re: Pls read! Python plugin scripts

Postby arj » Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:25 pm

ipodsync
lolcats

fixed

lolcats now can haz new page layoutz. kthxbye


Return to “user plugins”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest