CD-Ripping - Plugin

Discussion about user contributed plugins

Moderator: Moderator

arj
Site Admin

Re: CD-Ripping - Plugin

Postby arj » Thu Jan 22, 2009 12:46 pm

magicamun wrote:
- destination_folder = /music/lt, maybe leave that undefined and by default use the audio dir?

which audio - dir - there may be more than just one... - i change the default to /music

Yeah ok. I guess it doesn't matter much which one we use. But in order to support this you would have to depend on audio, so I'm not sure if it's worth it. I mean just having to explain which audio dir it uses it hard enough (meaning that it's probably a bad idea). So lets go with /music :)

magicamun
master

Postby magicamun » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:58 pm

arj:
everything done - except :
the MMS-INSTALL_DIR - thing - where do i get that value from?

phelin

Postby phelin » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:31 pm

Very nice plugin, thanks! Setting it up to convert to flac was quite easy, especially since it's so fresh addition.

I have three feature suggestions/request:

1. At the moment I cannot tell if a track is selected for ripping or not. Could this be made visually clearer?
2. It would be really great to manually edit the information also. Quite often I'd like to change a few details (like capitalize the first letters of each word).
3. Include disc number in the meta data. For some reason I seem to have several multidisc compilations and I use DISCNUMBER tag to separate the discs.

magicamun
master

Postby magicamun » Fri Jan 23, 2009 7:09 pm

phelin wrote:Very nice plugin, thanks! Setting it up to convert to flac was quite easy, especially since it's so fresh addition.

I have three feature suggestions/request:

1. At the moment I cannot tell if a track is selected for ripping or not. Could this be made visually clearer?
2. It would be really great to manually edit the information also. Quite often I'd like to change a few details (like capitalize the first letters of each word).
3. Include disc number in the meta data. For some reason I seem to have several multidisc compilations and I use DISCNUMBER tag to separate the discs.

No. 1: yeah i know - i am not very happy with the checkboxes too - but i depend on our magician for icons/themes acmelabs btw - same with epg and rep-timers
No. 2: yes - sure - i had that idea before - but currently the Capabilities of mms to enter text are very limited - especially "special chars" are not well handled - thats why i didn't do
No. 3: Is that Tag part of cddb-info? Do you mean Discid? - i have no DISCNUMBER in my cddb-data!?!

phelin

Postby phelin » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:05 am

magicamun wrote:No. 1: yeah i know - i am not very happy with the checkboxes too - but i depend on our magician for icons/themes acmelabs btw - same with epg and rep-timers

Ok, so it's not even possible to change the background color of the track name or something similar?

magicamun wrote:No. 3: Is that Tag part of cddb-info? Do you mean Discid? - i have no DISCNUMBER in my cddb-data!?!

Well, I wasn't quite clear there, was I. I know that unfortunately the DISCNUMBER (or DISC) tag is not found in CDDB, though it is quite common. For example Squeezebox supports its use and Musicbrainz handles it by adding it to the title: http://musicbrainz.org/doc/DiscNumberStyle . I was mainly hoping that, if/when you make it possible to edit the information manually, you could add the possibility to insert the disc number too.

magicamun
master

Postby magicamun » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:56 pm

ok - new bundle:

- fixes the issues arj mentioned
- adds ability to stop ripping (execpt for postprocessing)
- adds parameter for paranoity (check/change the config-file
- changed format-handling ( parameter from config must be without "." - parameter is passed to script
- script handles wav and mp3 currently - please post your solutions for flac, ogg etc.

http://thielemann-net.de/mms/rip/rip6.bzr.gz

and for phelin - a changed "checked.png" - put it into theme-folder for rip:

http://thielemann-net.de/mms/rip/checked.png

and tell me if that is better - or good

phelin

Postby phelin » Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:25 pm

Here is one simple example for flac:

Code: Select all

flac -s --tag=ARTIST="$artist" --tag=TITLE="$track_title" --tag=TRACKNUMBER="$track_number" --tag=ALBUM="$album" --tag=DATE="$year" --tag=GENRE="$genre" "$trackname" -o "${dir}/${target}.${format}" && rm "$trackname"

Thanks for the new icon. It revealed, that there is actually some kind of small bug in the second_action menu. Try it as follows:

1. Open CD RIpper
2. Open the second_action menu
3. Select the "Deselect all" option. Nothing happens
4. Push the button assigned to "Toggle Track". All tracks but the active are deselected.

It looks like I cannot get any of the selection actions to work in the second_action menu.

magicamun
master

Postby magicamun » Mon Jan 26, 2009 7:35 am

phelin wrote:Here is one simple example for flac:

Code: Select all

flac -s --tag=ARTIST="$artist" --tag=TITLE="$track_title" --tag=TRACKNUMBER="$track_number" --tag=ALBUM="$album" --tag=DATE="$year" --tag=GENRE="$genre" "$trackname" -o "${dir}/${target}.${format}" && rm "$trackname"

Thanks for the new icon. It revealed, that there is actually some kind of small bug in the second_action menu. Try it as follows:

1. Open CD RIpper
2. Open the second_action menu
3. Select the "Deselect all" option. Nothing happens
4. Push the button assigned to "Toggle Track". All tracks but the active are deselected.

It looks like I cannot get any of the selection actions to work in the second_action menu.

I can confirm "deselect_all" - that code was wrong/linked to toggle. I can provide a patch later today.

What about the icon - is that ok now?

magicamun
master

Postby magicamun » Fri Jan 30, 2009 8:50 pm

ok - here is the new bundle :

http://thielemann-net.de/mms/rip/rip7.bzr.gz

problem was a refresh + wrong action when toggling selection.

what about the icon - leave it that way?

btw - flac included now in script

phelin

Postby phelin » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:48 pm

I think I prefer the icon with the red check mark, but both are suitable for the purpose.

BTW I just tried the latest version of the rip plugin, and I still cannot make the select all/deselect all work.
Last edited by phelin on Sat Jan 31, 2009 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

magicamun
master

Postby magicamun » Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:43 am

sorry i was missing the commit:

http://thielemann-net.de/mms/rip/rip8.bzr.gz

phelin

Postby phelin » Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:50 pm

Yes, now (de)selecting all works. Thanks!

magicamun
master

Postby magicamun » Sat Jan 31, 2009 1:18 pm

finally - thx - as i stated it was a refreshing issue. So now lets wait for 1.1.0-final to then commit this to mainline

magicamun
master

Postby magicamun » Mon Feb 02, 2009 7:45 pm

updated - (polish translation - thanks to Krzysztof Parma and Roman:

http://thielemann-net.de/mms/rip/rip9.bzr.gz

phelin

Postby phelin » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:36 pm

I was ripping my brand new Black Ice album by AC/DC which caused some unexpected results. I got directory AC with subdirectory DC which in turn had subdirectory "Black Ice". Should escaping should special characters be done in the plugin or in the script it calls?

Return to “user plugins”