MP3 Organizer

Discussion about user contributed plugins

Moderator: Moderator

Fredde
veteran

MP3 Organizer

Postby Fredde » Sat Oct 11, 2008 12:49 am

I had little to do today so I updated and added some features to the plugin. I also created a new pyglet that I called MP3 organizer :D

It's really a simple script. It will read the id3-tags of mp3 files and group them according to four categories: artist, genre, year, album.

You start out by navigating to the directory that contain mp3 files (in the same dir or sub dirs), then you press second action. It will then find all mp3s and group them according to the categories above. After that it's easy to find and play the music from the script.

IMPORTANT! To use this script you need the latest mms rev 1898+

Can be downloaded from the wiki page

arj
Site Admin

Re: MP3 Organizer

Postby arj » Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:28 am

Uhh interesting. Will try :mrgreen:

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Postby Uatschitchun » Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:39 am

This script re-scans the mp3's, correct? Why not make use of audiohd.db? (it takes quite long ;)

Even doing the same dir twice takes twice the long time ...

And it's only possible to add one song to playlist? Could be possible to add whole genre/year, etc. ... ?
Lg
Roman

Fredde
veteran

Postby Fredde » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:22 am

Yeah, it's quite slow if you have a huge directory structure or many mp3. I got my mp3s scattered so I needed a util in mms that finds them and make it easy to know what "type of music" they belong to.
Last edited by Fredde on Sat Oct 11, 2008 11:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fredde
veteran

Postby Fredde » Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:25 am

Uatschitchun wrote:And it's only possible to add one song to playlist? Could be possible to add whole genre/year, etc. ... ?

It will automaticlly add all mp3s it finds (the ones you see in the file browser) to the playlist, when you start to play one of them it will automaticlly continue with the next track in the playlist.

What I need is a way of knowning what track is beeing played, some sort of marker in the file browser, maybe a different color. I have some ideas and will try to implement them (I'am thinking of some sort of callback that the Player class can use to notify when a track ends and a new is started).

newnoise
veteran

Postby newnoise » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:24 am

is this going to be improved?
if so:
i cant use the volume control when in pyglet.
and it would be ways nicer if you would see the albums after entering an artist-folder. not just the tracks.

thanks
noise

Return to “user plugins”