Some basic questions about plugins and Pyglets...

Discussion about user contributed plugins

Moderator: Moderator

da5id

Some basic questions about plugins and Pyglets...

Postby da5id » Thu May 29, 2008 1:54 pm

Hi,

first of all some compliments about the great work you all have done to get this very nice Media system off the ground!
I'm using it for a while now and I'm fascinated. But I'm still missing some features...

So here are my questions:

1.) Are these 8 user plugins (Pyglets) the only ones available at the moment or is there another location anywhere out there in the world wide web to distribute such plugins (scripts) for mms?

2.) If these are the only ones, I would like to build some Pyglets on my own to fit my needs, for example a network configuration wizzard, to setup wired and wireless configurations or a graphical sound mixer to control the sound in-/output channels.
Where can I find a documentation about programming plugins or pyglets for mms, besides general programming in Python?

3.) I would also appreciate a display keyboard to be able to use with a remote controller, when using the search plugin for example... any ideas how to realize that?

4.) Is there a possibillity to make my own menuitems beeing integrated in the main menu (like the standard movie or picture plugins for example) to start some scripts or programms directly without using the Pyglet plugin? Or is it possible to link a mainmenu item with a Pyglet?

5.) What about customization in general is there a documentation besides the things mentioned in the wiki?

6.) What do you think about a theme generator to simply setup backround images and choose colors or reorder the menu items, maybe this could be done by a Pyglet too?

Hope that you can help me with some of my questions. If I get through programming some plugins, of course I would publish them and support the community.

Best regards...

P.S.: You can answer me in german, if you prefer...

Fredde
veteran

Re: Some basic questions about plugins and Pyglets...

Postby Fredde » Thu May 29, 2008 2:52 pm

Hi da5id!

da5id wrote:1.) Are these 8 user plugins (Pyglets) the only ones available at the moment or is there another location anywhere out there in the world wide web to distribute such plugins (scripts) for mms?

There is no other location for Pyglets, there are only 8 (official) available.

da5id wrote:2.) If these are the only ones, I would like to build some Pyglets on my own to fit my needs, for example a network configuration wizzard, to setup wired and wireless configurations or a graphical sound mixer to control the sound in-/output channels.
Where can I find a documentation about programming plugins or pyglets for mms, besides general programming in Python?

Python plugin docs can be found in the mms-1.1.0 source dir/docs/plugins/python/
da5id wrote:3.) I would also appreciate a display keyboard to be able to use with a remote controller, when using the search plugin for example... any ideas how to realize that?

You could make one with the python plugin :D But then it would only work with python scripts.

da5id wrote:4.) Is there a possibillity to make my own menuitems beeing integrated in the main menu (like the standard movie or picture plugins for example) to start some scripts or programms directly without using the Pyglet plugin? Or is it possible to link a mainmenu item with a Pyglet?

It's not possible to link a main menu with a pyglet (have been requested). It is of course possible to creat a standard plugin that launch a script.
da5id wrote:5.) What about customization in general is there a documentation besides the things mentioned in the wiki?

The docu is a little bit sparse, but you could always ask specific questions how things work, we will gladly help you.
[quote="da5id"]

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Re: Some basic questions about plugins and Pyglets...

Postby Uatschitchun » Thu May 29, 2008 4:36 pm

da5id wrote:4.) Is there a possibillity to make my own menuitems beeing integrated in the main menu (like the standard movie or picture plugins for example) to start some scripts or programms directly without using the Pyglet plugin? Or is it possible to link a mainmenu item with a Pyglet?

All this will come once development of 1.2.0 starts ;)

Right now we aim at getting 1.1.0 stable and fix 3-4 major issues.

1.2.0 will deal with plugin re-organization and things like that.
Lg
Roman

Return to “user plugins”