plugin suggestion: apple trailer

Discussion about user contributed plugins

Moderator: Moderator

Fredde
veteran

Postby Fredde » Thu Apr 10, 2008 8:36 pm

arj wrote:Is it possible you can suspend the "getting input" with a synchronization mechanism while the movie is playing. That way you simulate the way the normal plugins work.

Will try that, thx.

Fredde
veteran

Postby Fredde » Sat Apr 19, 2008 8:06 am

Finally found a way to "defeat" the infinity loop when playing movies with input lirc (rev 1592). Pls try it out and hopefully confirm it works :D

acmelabs
Overlord

Postby acmelabs » Sat Apr 19, 2008 9:14 am

Fredde wrote:Finally found a way to "defeat" the infinity loop when playing movies with input lirc (rev 1592). Pls try it out and hopefully confirm it works :D
This is the message I'm waiting for weeks now! :D
Bug Tha.. - err - Big Thanks!

Regards,
Andreas
Last edited by acmelabs on Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

acmelabs
Overlord

Postby acmelabs » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:50 am

Awesome! It's working!
Thank you very much :D

Regards,
Andreas
Last edited by acmelabs on Sat Apr 19, 2008 12:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fredde
veteran

Postby Fredde » Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:58 am

acmelabs wrote:Awesome! It's working!
Thank you very much :D

Regards,
Andreas

Great :D Thx for testing and finding this critical bug.

Not many lines of code, but it's putting them at the right place :D

arj
Site Admin

Postby arj » Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:27 pm

Yay! Nice one Fredde :D

arj
Site Admin

Postby arj » Sat May 03, 2008 11:28 am

Hello Fredde.

Some testing of 0.3:

- The updating of trailers happens fine in the background, but the view is not updated. If one selects Just Added it would be cool if it automatically updated the display when trailers was parsed. Now one has to press Just Added again. Just a minor thing.

- If I go Just added -> movie -> press right I go back to the menu with just added and the movie is not shown anymore. Maybe this could be disabled? It's not so intuitive to me.

- Pressing action on a movie in the list (large, medium, small) doesn't do anything. I just see a little blink of the busy indicator and nothing in console? This appears to be if I have downloading enabled and it is still downloading some of the trailers. Maybe it can display a message?

- How does the download work? It seems to be downloading the movie, but where? And how do I watch it? There's no downloaded button?

Again thanks for this wonderful plugin. I like it very much! :-)

Fredde
veteran

Postby Fredde » Sat May 03, 2008 2:40 pm

arj wrote:- The updating of trailers happens fine in the background, but the view is not updated. If one selects Just Added it would be cool if it automatically updated the display when trailers was parsed. Now one has to press Just Added again. Just a minor thing.

Well, this is a little bit tricky, but could be done with some callback to the main window. Will make a try.
arj wrote:- If I go Just added -> movie -> press right I go back to the menu with just added and the movie is not shown anymore. Maybe this could be disabled? It's not so intuitive to me.

Yeah, I know. I think this was some "lazy coding" if I remember right :D Shouldn't be to hard to fix.
arj wrote:- Pressing action on a movie in the list (large, medium, small) doesn't do anything. I just see a little blink of the busy indicator and nothing in console? This appears to be if I have downloading enabled and it is still downloading some of the trailers. Maybe it can display a message?

You are right. There is only one download/update thread. If it is in use nothing happens if you try to download a movie. A message would be appropriate if it is busy. Will fix that.
arj wrote:- How does the download work? It seems to be downloading the movie, but where? And how do I watch it? There's no downloaded button?

There is a variable called DOWNLOADDIR in the script. Change that to your needs. There is no way to launch a downloaded movie from the script. My thought was to download them to the dir that the movie plugin use.

arj
Site Admin

Postby arj » Sat May 03, 2008 3:01 pm

Fredde wrote:There is a variable called DOWNLOADDIR in the script. Change that to your needs. There is no way to launch a downloaded movie from the script. My thought was to download them to the dir that the movie plugin use.

Ah ok. I see. Like the lolcats pyglet :-)

Fredde
veteran

Postby Fredde » Sat May 03, 2008 7:53 pm

arj wrote:- The updating of trailers happens fine in the background, but the view is not updated. If one selects Just Added it would be cool if it automatically updated the display when trailers was parsed. Now one has to press Just Added again. Just a minor thing.

Implementing this would lead to major changes. This feature create issues depending on user input. For example, user starts to update a category and during update switches to another category. Well it's doable, and I will look in to it later on.
arj wrote:- If I go Just added -> movie -> press right I go back to the menu with just added and the movie is not shown anymore. Maybe this could be disabled? It's not so intuitive to me.

Fixed
arj wrote:- Pressing action on a movie in the list (large, medium, small) doesn't do anything. I just see a little blink of the busy indicator and nothing in console? This appears to be if I have downloading enabled and it is still downloading some of the trailers. Maybe it can display a message?

Fixed. I'am using the message label to alert user when update/download thread is busy. There is only one problem, if download is really fast, the above message only appears for a short time and might be missed by the user. Probably better to have a separate message label for alerts, will fix that later on.

arj
Site Admin

Postby arj » Sat May 03, 2008 8:07 pm

Cool. Thanks

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Postby Uatschitchun » Tue May 06, 2008 1:30 pm

Would be nice if the "Updating (3 of 48)" could mention what is beeing updated?

I tried the plugin, clicked here and there ... I got:
Updating (x of 57)
after that
Updating (x of 36)
after that
Updating (x of 23)

what is beeing updated there? The single categories?

Would it be possible (if not follow Anders' suggestion) to update the buttons (make them shine or brighter or add a "*" or whatever) if a category has finished updating?
Lg
Roman

Fredde
veteran

Postby Fredde » Tue May 06, 2008 2:42 pm

Uatschitchun wrote:Would be nice if the "Updating (3 of 48)" could mention what is beeing updated?

I tried the plugin, clicked here and there ... I got:
Updating (x of 57)
after that
Updating (x of 36)
after that
Updating (x of 23)

what is beeing updated there? The single categories?

It's the category linked to the button you clicked on that is being updated.
Uatschitchun wrote:Would it be possible (if not follow Anders' suggestion) to update the buttons (make them shine or brighter or add a "*" or whatever) if a category has finished updating?

I could change to color of the button text, will try that

JackyOH

Postby JackyOH » Fri May 09, 2008 11:50 pm

would be nice if there is some possibility to stop updating database and also stop downloading trailer.
some stop button whould be very nice and in both cases a resume function would be nearly perfect :)

Fredde
veteran

Postby Fredde » Sun May 25, 2008 8:17 pm

I have updated the script to take care of some of the issues mentioned. Will do the same for the youtube script.

IMPORTANT:
I changed the db layout so you need to delete the old db when using this update.

JackyOH wrote:would be nice if there is some possibility to stop updating database and also stop downloading trailer.
some stop button whould be very nice and in both cases a resume function would be nearly perfect :)

Have to think about this, should be possible, at least canceling the db update.

Return to “user plugins”