veteran

Lirc input

Postby Fredde » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:30 am

I checked the code in plugins/input/lirc/lirc.cpp

Code: Select all

if (accept_all) {

Input i;

if (found_input)
        if (temp.mode == "search" || temp.mode == "general")
          i = temp;

i.key = irdata.key;
      input = i;

} else {
      if (found_input)
        input = temp;
      else
        goto nogood;
    }

If I use input mode lirc and have called the method enable_all_input and the input map is not search or general, the input command attribute will always be empty. This is not true for input mode keyboard. Is there any special reason for this behaviour?

arj
Site Admin

Postby arj » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:14 pm

The reason I think is that the layout of a remote is much more limited. Meaning that some of the keys that are normally mapped to 1-9 will have to be disabled in search mode (enable all input). So that's why we mask on search and general.

The question of why this is not done for keyboard I think is a bug. I have committed a fix into 1.1.0 that makes keyboard behave like lirc.

acmelabs
Overlord

Postby acmelabs » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:50 pm

arj wrote:The reason I think is that the layout of a remote is much more limited. Meaning that some of the keys that are normally mapped to 1-9 will have to be disabled in search mode (enable all input). So that's why we mask on search and general.

The question of why this is not done for keyboard I think is a bug. I have committed a fix into 1.1.0 that makes keyboard behave like lirc.

So this is what this patch is all about?

Code: Select all

[15:20] <CIA-24> mms: arj * r1449 mms-1.1.0/plugins/input/keyboard/keyboard.cpp:
[15:20] <CIA-24> mms: Screen out keys that are not search and general in keyboard search
[15:20] <CIA-24> mms: Thanks Fredde for the find

Regards,
Andreas

Return to “user plugins”