alsaplayer muted

everything about the next not so big update

Moderator: Moderator

loswillios
veteran

alsaplayer muted

Postby loswillios » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:15 pm

Hi

I moved from libxine to alsaplayer and it works great except that sound was muted on mms (and only in mms). So after an alsaplayer --volume 1.0 everything works!

And I noticed the idle-screen while listening to music. nice work! but the displayed track-nr starts counting at zero? Is that some sort of geekness? :)

ciao
jan

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Re: alsaplayer muted

Postby Uatschitchun » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:36 pm

loswillios wrote:nd I noticed the idle-screen while listening to music. nice work!

You didn't know it's there?
Yeah, idle_time and screensaver seem not to be related very much ... good we enabled it in new defaults ;)

but the displayed track-nr starts counting at zero? Is that some sort of geekness? :)

That has something to do with random, in normal playmode it should work correct!

LG
Roman

arj
Site Admin

Re: alsaplayer muted

Postby arj » Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:24 pm

loswillios wrote:And I noticed the idle-screen while listening to music. nice work! but the displayed track-nr starts counting at zero? Is that some sort of geekness? :)

:D

no that's a bug. Please describe steps to reproduce it. Like your audio settings (config + options) and what you did.

loswillios
veteran

Postby loswillios » Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:56 pm

No, since I never enabled the screensaver. So it was a good idea to enable it by default :D

The counting-bug appears in normal-playmode, since I never use random. Also I noticed, that if you move the file in the playlist the screensaver is not updated. It displays still the old number.

Steps to reproduce it? well, clear the old playlist, add a directory to the playlist, hit play and wait... It still appears with cvs from today.

/etc/mms/config:
audio_mode = both
audio_output_mode = -d
audio_mode_playnow = false
audio_output_type = oss
audio_dev = /dev/dsp
audio_stop_on_clear = false
alsaplayer_options = -r
alsaplayer_path = /usr/local/bin/alsaplayer

/root/.alsaplayer/config:
http.buffer_size=1048576
mad.parse_id3=true
main.default_interface=text
main.default_output=oss
main.fallback_interface=daemon
main.period_count=8
main.period_size=4096

arj
Site Admin

Postby arj » Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:21 am

Thanks. Fixed in revno 1072.

loswillios
veteran

Postby loswillios » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:36 pm

thanx arj, it starts counting at 1 now. But if i move the track in the playlist, it's still the wrong number displayed. Also, if the playback continous, the numbers are wrong.
Example: If I move the first track to position 8, it still is track 1 in the screensaver. When it jumps to the next track, it displays 2 instead of 9.

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Postby Uatschitchun » Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:53 pm

The 'counter' does not display the position of the actual played track, but it is telling you, that MMS is just playing the 2nd track from a list of X (2/X).

For random this behaviour is correct ... for non-random you're right. It should display the tracks position (like a cd-player does).

Lg
Roman

loswillios
veteran

Postby loswillios » Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:31 pm

actually I would expect that for random-mode too. have a look at your CD-Player :-)

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Postby Uatschitchun » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:00 pm

The data that is used for the track counter is data that was there cause it is used intern.

As for me, I like the way it is now, cause I'm able to see, how long the actual playlist is still playing ;)
If it counts 1/100, I still have time to relax ... if it counts 99/100 (normal mode or random) I know that I have to take care for some new music!
You won't get this information if it's cd-player-like ...

If I do need the infos you mention, I'll have a quick look into the playlist's uppre right corner where I can see the position.

Lg
Roman

arj
Site Admin

Postby arj » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:04 pm

Hmm. Well for random it should definitely work the way it is currently working. The idea is that you want to know how close you are to the point in time where the last track has been played. One use that to find new stuff to add to the playlist to not run out of sweet tunes.

In that regard the displaying of played tracks for non-random modes is wrong. So you start on track 9 it doesn't really help you that you have only played 1 track.

Although it's more that the text is not very useful in non-random mode. So one could have it be such that it works the current way in random and displays the current playlist position in non-random.

The problem with having different semantics based on random or non-random is that it changes when you move from random to non-random mode which is quite strange.

Hmm so what is a reasonable solution to this?

Use playlist pos in non-random mode and played tracks in random mode.

That is the solution I have implemented in revno 1073. Thanks!

loswillios
veteran

Postby loswillios » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:05 pm

if you wanna relax then activate the repeat-option :-P

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Postby Uatschitchun » Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:20 pm

arj wrote:Use playlist pos in non-random mode and played tracks in random mode.

I like this one and it's reasonable!

Lg
Roman

Return to “1.0.9”