How do you like your image processing?

everything about the next not so big update

Moderator: Moderator

switch between images with left/right-keys?

yes
63%
no
38%

Total votes: 8

loswillios
veteran

How do you like your image processing?

Postby loswillios » Thu Feb 15, 2007 2:25 pm

I'd find it more intuitiv to change the images with left/right-keys instead of up/down. When you're in the image-selection menu you go to the next image with right-key, so why not in fullscreen mode?

arj
Site Admin

Postby arj » Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:44 am

Interesting idea. The problem is of course that the overview screen is a matrix while fullscreen is a list. The preview of next/prev should help this somewhat.

The only problem I see is how to justify the change of rotate left and rotate right to up and down, instead of the current left/right?

acmelabs
Overlord

Postby acmelabs » Fri Feb 16, 2007 9:55 pm

arj wrote:Interesting idea. The problem is of course that the overview screen is a matrix while fullscreen is a list. The preview of next/prev should help this somewhat.

The only problem I see is how to justify the change of rotate left and rotate right to up and down, instead of the current left/right?

The problem I see is, that usually remote controls with a limited key-set use ch+ and ch- to go forth and back in slideshows. Those keys are also usaully mapped to UP and DOWN also. And MMS has been through much changes concerning key-mapping last year, hence usage. Don't confuse people with new arrangements.
I think, this should be considered.

Regards,

Andreas

I don't like to tell my wife, it's been changed. I'm quite happy she's able to use it now, and slideshow is the killer-feature for her.
Isn't MMS a "wife-friendly" media-center?

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Postby Uatschitchun » Sat Feb 17, 2007 9:04 am

I think the problem occurs for 'new' users.

One has to switch to a 'list-thinking' when using slideshow to understand Up/Down for Next/Previous.

Before we had fancy-modes, there only were lists :wink:

Otoh we don't use Left/Right in the playlist either, just Up/Down ... thus would definetly speak for a picture-playlist :twisted:

My idea would be a config option or an option in 'options' to switch this behaviour between Up/Down and Left/Right !?

Btw. the keys Up/Down for Next/Previous are not in the second-action-menu in picture-fullscreen ...

Lg
Roman

loswillios
veteran

Postby loswillios » Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:23 am

audio-playlist -> up/down is obviously. You can't compare that to images, cause when you enter an Artist-Album, the items are listed beneath each other.

Windows-buildin-diashow and Digikam, have left/right-buttons to change the images too.

Even the little preview-images in fullscreen-mode are in the lower-left/right ;-) Trust me, this really is confusing.

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Postby Uatschitchun » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:13 am

loswillios wrote:Even the little preview-images in fullscreen-mode are in the lower-left/right ;-)

Killer argument :!:

Lg
Roman

acmelabs
Overlord

Postby acmelabs » Sat Feb 17, 2007 11:57 am

Uatschitchun wrote:
loswillios wrote:Even the little preview-images in fullscreen-mode are in the lower-left/right ;-)

Killer argument :!:

Lg
Roman

OK, the poll seems obviously, so I can't stop though.
But to make it configurable, like Roman suggest would be nice to have ;-)

Regards,

Andreas

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Postby Uatschitchun » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:36 pm

I'm always wondering ... we do have more than 100 registered users but only 4 votings :!: :?:

loswillios
veteran

Postby loswillios » Sat Feb 17, 2007 12:39 pm

Well, I could have voted with my other 90 accounts, but that'd be kind of cheating :mrgreen:

arj
Site Admin

Postby arj » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:00 am

Uatschitchun wrote:I'm always wondering ... we do have more than 100 registered users but only 4 votings :!: :?:

That's common projects like this. Mailinglists show the same pattern, at least a 1-10 in lurker/contributors ratio. On wikipedia it is of course much worse. I'm not sure what the ratio in second life is, but I assume it's something like this.

arj
Site Admin

Postby arj » Wed Mar 07, 2007 11:12 pm

Ohh well. The people have spoken :D

Fixed in revno 1090.

Return to “1.0.9”