Compile with gstreamer _and_ alsaplayer?

everything about the next not so big update

Moderator: Moderator

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Compile with gstreamer _and_ alsaplayer?

Postby Uatschitchun » Mon Feb 12, 2007 5:46 pm

It's possible to compile MMS with multiple video 'frontends' ... will it be possible to compile with (let's say) alsaplayer _and_ gstreamer ?

I'm asking this cause of packaging for debian

Lg
Roman

arj
Site Admin

Postby arj » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:32 pm

There isn't. It's quite hard to fix for 1.0.X. This will be fixed in 1.1.0 where you can install a core and then just install whatever plugins you'll want/need.

1.1.0 is approaching. I'm currently weeding out bugs. But well, it's still a little too unstable to become packaged. I would suggest that you just create perhaps 3 packages: mms-sdl, mms-dxr3, mms-dvb. That should suit most people, and then let them depend on alsaplayer for output and mplayer for video. I don't think gstreamer is stable enough to package, but we could work on making it more stable. The basic support is there, what's left is getting all the other things working (like radio).

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Postby Uatschitchun » Mon Feb 12, 2007 6:55 pm

arj wrote:I would suggest that you just create perhaps 3 packages: mms-sdl, mms-dxr3, mms-dvb. That should suit most people, and then let them depend on alsaplayer for output and mplayer for video.

Ok ... thought about this, too!

I don't think gstreamer is stable enough to package, but we could work on making it more stable. The basic support is there, what's left is getting all the other things working (like radio).

So yu don't think we get it stable for 1.0.9 ?

Lg
Roman

arj
Site Admin

Postby arj » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:41 pm

I don't know what your timeframe is. But I guess it's possible to get gstreamer working/tested properly for 1.0.9. Well it's just a matter of testing the hell out of it and see if anything breaks/doesn't work :D

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Postby Uatschitchun » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:37 am

Have you seen this post:
http://mms.kicks-ass.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=567
?

Lg
Roman

arj
Site Admin

Postby arj » Wed Feb 14, 2007 12:56 am

Ahh thanks. Exactly what I was looking for. Will have a look at fixing the bugs tomorrow.

Return to “1.0.9”