Update wiki for 1.0.8

Discuss things in the wiki

Moderator: Moderator

User avatar
arj
Site Admin
Posts: 2316
Joined: Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:51 pm
Location: Denmark
Contact:

Update wiki for 1.0.8

Postby arj » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:19 pm

Hello

Is anyone willing to step up and update the wiki to be updated with the latest features in 1.0.8? One person doesn't need to do it all, it can be shared :)

More specific: game and tv viewing. The command for viewing VDR using xine is essential :)

Thanks

User avatar
acmelabs
Overlord
Posts: 2365
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Update wiki for 1.0.8

Postby acmelabs » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:38 pm

arj wrote:Hello

Is anyone willing to step up and update the wiki to be updated with the latest features in 1.0.8? One person doesn't need to do it all, it can be shared :)

More specific: game and tv viewing. The command for viewing VDR using xine is essential :)

Thanks

well, that's a good point. the configs should also be updated. will see if I can do it tomorrow :-)
did I miss something, sounds like 1.0.8 is going to be stable?

@hendrik: feel free to do the TV-VDR part in the wiki. I won't disturb you. If you don't want to, I'll do it, just let me know.

Thank you all!

Regards,

Andreas

hendrik
Posts: 15
Joined: Mon Sep 11, 2006 8:05 pm

Postby hendrik » Thu Sep 14, 2006 6:51 pm

I do not know if I find some time to do it.

For the TV-VDR part, this is my command for watching TV:

vdr-sxfe --fullscreen --audio=alsa --video=xv --syslog --nokbd

I use the xineliboutput plugin, but it should also work with streamdev or the xine plugin.

User avatar
acmelabs
Overlord
Posts: 2365
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Postby acmelabs » Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:06 pm

hendrik wrote:I do not know if I find some time to do it.

For the TV-VDR part, this is my command for watching TV:

vdr-sxfe --fullscreen --audio=alsa --video=xv --syslog --nokbd

I use the xineliboutput plugin, but it should also work with streamdev or the xine plugin.

ok, will try to use streamdev and document it in the wiki.

Thanks, Regards,

Andreas

User avatar
Uatschitchun
Overlord
Posts: 3189
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:55 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Postby Uatschitchun » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:23 am

Maybe we should point a link from mms-wiki to xinelibout at vdr-wiki regarding vdr?

Lg
Roman

User avatar
acmelabs
Overlord
Posts: 2365
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Postby acmelabs » Fri Sep 15, 2006 8:58 am

Uatschitchun wrote:Maybe we should point a link from mms-wiki to xinelibout at vdr-wiki regarding vdr?

Lg
Roman

good point. I've searched for it, but since I don't have any experiences with xine-lib, it's better you do the entry, or at least, let me know which link I should use.

I've added the tv-entry into the wiki. The game-module is the next to come. Is anything else missing, beside the updated config files (input-lirc, config etc)?

Thanks,

Andreas

User avatar
Uatschitchun
Overlord
Posts: 3189
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:55 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Search and Save-Playlist

Postby Uatschitchun » Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:50 am

This page is wrong right now:
http://mms.kicks-ass.org/wiki/index.php/MMS_Basics#Search_layout_for_the_keys_0_to_9

The config entry is "remote_layout" (instead of search_layout) ... I corrected this one.

But the graphics seem to be wrong, too!

In Full_layout these are the correct keys:

1-3 are correct
4 is g,h,i,4
5 is j,k,l,5
6 is m,n,o,6
7 is p,q,r,7
8 is s,t,u,8
9 is v,w,x,9
0 is y,z,SPACE,0

(Haven't tested mobile_layout!)

Was it you, acmelabs, who's done the graphics? I'm asking because maybe the one who's done these is able to change them quite fast (layers) ... changing the png is not fun :)

Further more I've added a sub-section "Using Save-Playlist with Remote-Control"

Lg
Roman

User avatar
acmelabs
Overlord
Posts: 2365
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Search and Save-Playlist

Postby acmelabs » Sat Nov 11, 2006 5:03 pm

Uatschitchun wrote:This page is wrong right now:
http://mms.kicks-ass.org/wiki/index.php/MMS_Basics#Search_layout_for_the_keys_0_to_9

The config entry is "remote_layout" (instead of search_layout) ... I corrected this one.

But the graphics seem to be wrong, too!

In Full_layout these are the correct keys:

1-3 are correct
4 is g,h,i,4
5 is j,k,l,5
6 is m,n,o,6
7 is p,q,r,7
8 is s,t,u,8
9 is v,w,x,9
0 is y,z,SPACE,0

(Haven't tested mobile_layout!)

Was it you, acmelabs, who's done the graphics? I'm asking because maybe the one who's done these is able to change them quite fast (layers) ... changing the png is not fun :)

Further more I've added a sub-section "Using Save-Playlist with Remote-Control"

Lg
Roman

Cool, thanks will do it the next days (not at home atm), and the graphics too. Thanks again.

Andreas.

User avatar
acmelabs
Overlord
Posts: 2365
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2006 9:18 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Search and Save-Playlist

Postby acmelabs » Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:33 pm

Hi Roman,
I've updated the search layout graphics.
In order everybody is able to correct them, here is the link to the original inkscape files:
http://acmelabs.de/mms/mms-wiki/

Regards,
Andreas

p.s. Couldn't find the old graphics, created new ones.

User avatar
Uatschitchun
Overlord
Posts: 3189
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 6:55 pm
Location: Germany
Contact:

Re: Search and Save-Playlist

Postby Uatschitchun » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:23 pm

acmelabs wrote:Hi Roman,
p.s. Couldn't find the old graphics, created new ones.


Nice and thx for beeing prompt :)

LG
Roman


Return to “wiki”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest