New Wiki Main Page

Discuss things in the wiki

Moderator: Moderator

acmelabs
Overlord

Postby acmelabs » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:18 am

Uatschitchun wrote:How can I delete pages I have started ?

don't know. just remove all content from it. If somebody needs this variable later, it is just empty and is doing no harm.
Maybe we should discuss the ordering!? Cause I'm not satisfied with usability for checking out dependencies, etc ...

no! we won't discuss nothing ;-) . JUST DO IT. Rearange, resort, correct, delete. This is just a framework, and it's not for eternity! If I have a brillant idea, I will certainly suply it.
LG
Roman

P.S. My bed is calling :roll:

gott, scheisse ist es spaet.

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Postby Uatschitchun » Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:15 am

acmelabs wrote: JUST DO IT. Rearange, resort, correct, delete. This is just a framework, and it's not for eternity!

I'm not afraid doing something I'm not allowed to ... but I like to discuss how it would be the most useable form ... not meaning the framework!

LG
Roman

arj
Site Admin

Postby arj » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:00 pm

Let me first say that the wiki is really starting to take shape but I want to comment on some things that probably some of you are more qualified to fix than I am.

I've been going through the wiki and I have some comments:

* At the buttom of http://mms.kicks-ass.org/wiki/index.php/Installation_basics#Description there neds to be a link to chapter 4. Can't we create some sort of overview page for the configuration files?
    * On http://mms.kicks-ass.org/wiki/index.php/Installation_on_sarge: There needs to be an external link or some internal description on how to get the marillat repository. Also I think the guide should refer to installing 1.0.8 from source, not from bazaar.
    * The running and init script sections are general (well except the de_DE line :)) so maybe it should be moved to a general section and a link placed at the buttom. This way it can be reused in the gentoo and Suse installation guides?

I'll add more... Just wanted to save so this isn't lost :)

arj
Site Admin

Postby arj » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:36 pm

I think the Archive section should be deleted. I don't really think it's needed. Instead links to older versions should be provided.

arj
Site Admin

Postby arj » Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:30 pm

I finished the last section of the configuration and went around fixed all kinds of small things in the other sections. I also added a small gentoo install howto.

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Postby Uatschitchun » Sun Jul 16, 2006 10:35 am

Very good job!

Maybe, if I find some time during next week, I'll add the marillat section to the english version of sarge-howto. In the german one it's included!

Do we have someone new to MMS who could test the wiki for usability ... we all now what "betriebsblind" means :twisted: ?

LG
Roman

Return to “wiki”