I think we should start with just porting the existing docu ... though we have dependencies named and a structure which is very near to the compile options.
2. I would like to explicit document the config file - option by option (together with collecting users tipps). This would lead to a slightly resorted (re-ordered) config, cause of some options (like video) seem to be spread around in there.
Here we can also add different audio-setups (alsaplayer, gstreamer, xine) and video-setups (mplayer, cxfe, ...)
3. should be the runtime options described.
4. I would like to have some user's input-lirc examples together with the corresponding remote-control layouts ... this would probably help newbies.
5. we could extend the installation tutorial regarding different distributions ... dakine mentioned a tut for ubuntu
6. could be some configuration examples (using MMS with X ... starting it by ... using MMS with VDR ... using externalplayer-plugin ...)
7. could be user tipps for pimping MMS (like changing the overscan for dxr3, adding xine-net TV together with VDR)
This would lead us to:
Complete docu for overview, installation, using, extending and examples.
P.S. I do think there is no need to have it all done by next week!
Summer is coming (endlich) ... We all have jobs to do ... WM is up tomorrow ... Anders and naicheben are going to Wacken, me is going to Reggae-Jam Bersenbrück http://www.reggaejam.de/allgemein/home.asp
, etc, etc, ... never forget to respekt the WAF (women acceptance factor)