[solved]Back (End) Key not working anymore.

problems with keyboard, lirc or evdev

Moderator: Moderator

dineley1

[solved]Back (End) Key not working anymore.

Postby dineley1 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 4:02 pm

Hello

I got a new remote for my sons system running MMS. It seems to work without lirc, but the buttons are mapped as keyboard events. And all the remote buttons work but the BACK button it's mapped as keycode 234 = (Nosym). So after reading about xmodmap I set this button to be F14. Then changed input-keyboard to use F14 as the back button. But after restart MMS the change didn't work. So I then changed input-keyboard but to use END as the back button. But that doesn't work now either.

arj
Site Admin

Postby arj » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:46 am

there's a convert_table array in keyboard.cpp. You should be able to stick a value in at position 234 there and use the value in config. Please note that arrays start from 0, not from 1 :D

dineley1

Postby dineley1 » Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:15 am

Thanks but I got it working. I'm not sure how, I replaced the not working input-keyboard file. With a unchanged one from another system. Then restarted, and was back to normal. Then made my change (but I did change it from F14 to Escape key). And it now MMS works.

On the other hand I made the change to the Escape key. My thinking on this was, if I made it the esc key then I could use it to also stop my games. But for what ever reason only dgen closes when I push the button. Zsnes, Fceu, and Mednafen won't stop. But if I hit Esc on the keyboard they all work.

Return to “input”