LIRC documentation outdated?

problems with keyboard, lirc or evdev

Moderator: Moderator

fbn

LIRC documentation outdated?

Postby fbn » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:40 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to set up a remote for usage with MMS (first time user of lirc so please be patient with me).

I have a Haupauge MCE version 2 which is similar to the Microsoft Remote. LIRC is running fine so far and irw is recognizing the remote keys.

What I am missing now is how to configure MMS to use the remote. I started mms -i lirc but nothing happened (and keyboard did not work any more so I had to kill -9 mms). I looked at the wiki http://mymediasystem.org/wiki/index.php ... _file#lirc but it talks about a /etc/mms/input-lirc file which is not there (I'm using the debian packages). Instead I have many files in /etc/mms/input/lirc/. Do I have to move one of them to /etc/mms/input-lirc? Or do I have to change anything?

Frank

fbn

Postby fbn » Wed Mar 12, 2008 7:57 pm

I solved my issue with the help of loswillios in the irc chat, it was that the mms config was with CAPITAL LETTERS but the lirc was configured with Normal Letters :)

Uatschitchun
Overlord

Postby Uatschitchun » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:17 am

So what about posting your lircd.conf & MMS' input/lirc/* ?
Lg
Roman

acmelabs
Overlord

Postby acmelabs » Thu Mar 13, 2008 3:20 pm

fbn wrote:I solved my issue with the help of loswillios in the irc chat, it was that the mms config was with CAPITAL LETTERS but the lirc was configured with Normal Letters :)

Could you update the example section in our wiki ( http://mymediasystem.org/wiki/index.php/Examples ). Only important thing is, that you mention (very visible) for which version your example is!

Would be realy great!

Thanks a lot in advance!

Regards,
Andreas

Return to “input”