Page 1 of 2

MMS Live CD

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:55 am
by Mikka
Hi all,

i build a mms live cd. Please test an write me a feature / bug report :wink:

The live cd based on debian and mms 1.0.8.5.

Download Links Rapidshare:
http://rapidshare.com/files/81305802/mm ... .part1.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/81309232/mm ... .part2.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/81312575/mm ... .part3.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/81302275/mm ... .part4.rar
http://rapidshare.com/files/81297908/mm ... .part5.rar

Direct download link:
http://easys-linux.org/misc/mms/mms-live-cd.iso

In next days i will make a version with mms 1.1.0-rc1...

Mikka

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:55 am
by Uatschitchun
:P Cool thing that!! :P

Ahh ... I hate rapidshare!!

How large is the iso? Maybe we find some webspace that is able to stand the traffic ?!

I've got app. 40GB Traffic left on my server ... but we maybe should check to have a final iso ;)

Could you say a few words on how you've build the iso?

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:13 pm
by acmelabs
Uatschitchun wrote::P Coll thing that!! :P

Ahh ... I hate rapidshare!!

How large is the iso? Maybe we find some webspace that is able to stand the traffic ?!

I've got app. 40GB Traffic left on my server ... but we maybe should check to have a final iso ;)

What about a bittorent seed?

Btw: Great to hear we really have a liveCD now! :D

Regards,
Andreas

PS@Mikka: what about the svgs I gave you? any news on that. I'm asking, in order to avoid a situation like I had with Pablito and the double developed weather-plugin.

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:20 pm
by arj
Really nice work. I second a bittorrent seed of this.

Posted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:24 pm
by Uatschitchun
yeah, torrent would be nice!

Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:26 am
by loswillios
Uatschitchun wrote:yeah, torrent would be nice!

[x] done

download

Re: MMS Live CD

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:18 pm
by Seraphyn
Mikka wrote: Please test an write me a feature / bug report :wink:

No Installation possible, i think this would be a nice feature.
But anyway absolut nice Job you've done.
Greetings Seraphyn

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:21 pm
by SanzoGhenzo
hi, I didn't fully tested it, but I have some thoughts:
-squashfs file seems to big, is there any chance that you can slim it down? I think of my system that runs only 256MB; maybe you can use ratpoison or any other light windows manager instead of kde.
-it would be great if you can add the "lang" cheatcode on boot, so that user can change the locale and the keymap, as knoppix or ubuntu live do.
-no digital audio on my abit is-7, but I know how complicated is to make it work even on a normal distribution...
-it doesn't work on my epia-m system, but maybe my system is faulty... :(

Good work anyway.
You saved me a lot of work ;)
cheers
Andrea

Re: MMS Live CD

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:42 pm
by acmelabs
Hi Mikka,
thanks first of all.

Do you have a name for it? Since you're the Creator of it, it's up to you to give this child a name. What about

    MMS Mikkanix


;-)

Ragards,
Andreas

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:12 pm
by loswillios
sounds like a ship ☺

Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:31 pm
by esprit
MyMOS : My Media Operating System :D

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:33 pm
by Mikka
Hi all,

thx for yours reply.

acmelabs wrote:PS@Mikka: what about the svgs I gave you? any news on that. I'm asking, in order to avoid a situation like I had with Pablito and the double developed weather-plugin.


Is still in progress :wink:

Seraphyn wrote:No Installation possible, i think this would be a nice feature.
But anyway absolut nice Job you've done.
Greetings Seraphyn


A live cd is a live cd, not a install cd :D
But in the next weeks i will release a mms-install-cd :)

SanzoGhenzo wrote:-squashfs file seems to big, is there any chance that you can slim it down? I think of my system that runs only 256MB; maybe you can use ratpoison or any other light windows manager instead of kde.
-it would be great if you can add the "lang" cheatcode on boot, so that user can change the locale and the keymap, as knoppix or ubuntu live do.
-no digital audio on my abit is-7, but I know how complicated is to make it work even on a normal distribution...
-it doesn't work on my epia-m system, but maybe my system is faulty... Sad


- squashfs, i will try to change this.
- other windows manager, i will try it too :)
- lang cheatcode, is in work
- no digital audio, kernel does support this?
- epia-m, ;(

acmelabs wrote:Do you have a name for it?


nope, but i search one...

loswillios wrote:sounds like a ship ☺


What does it mean?

esprit wrote:MyMOS : My Media Operating System Very Happy


Great idea.

Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:34 pm
by SanzoGhenzo
Mikka wrote:Hi all,

thx for yours reply.

[cut]

- no digital audio, kernel does support this?

I spent a night to hear digital audio from my debian box yesterday, and now I know how hard is to make it work in a live distribution. I really like the geexbox generator philosophy in this situations: you got a customized liveCD simply by setting some options from a gui, without the need of remastering or enter the same options at every boot time...
- epia-m, ;(

well, it's the only hardware I got arond to make a small htpc... but I think I cracked it up using it in my car :( I need to investigate a little to find what's the problem.

Keep up the good work!

Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:40 pm
by acmelabs
acmelabs wrote:MMS Mikkanix

loswillios wrote:sounds like a ship ☺

Mikka wrote:What does it mean?

It's a joke. MMS Mikkanix sound like e.g. USS Iowa or USS Wisconsin or something, and these are American Battleships.

But only 'Mikkanix' is ok, isn't it? ;-)

Regards,
Andreas

Posted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:51 am
by Uatschitchun
I just tested the CD ... cool ;)

Wouldn't it be nice if TV is working? Maybe have vdr-sxfe instead of tvtime, so the Live-CD will work as a VDR-extender ;)